At 9am on the 10th of December 2014, the Green Deal Home Improvement Fund (GDHIF) reopened to the public.
This reopening will see up to £30 million in vouchers made available, to fund a range of domestic energy saving measures, including solid wall insulation, double glazing and boiler installation. Households across England and Wales are able to claim up to £5,600 towards the total cost of these measures.
This round of funding is part of the £100 million investment from the Government into household energy efficiency measures and will be released quarterly, with the next phase expected to launch in February 2015. This £30 million of funding has been split into two distinct categories: £24 million for solid wall insulation and £6 million for specific home improvement measures.
This funding is available on a first come first served basis.
The GDHIF was first released in June 2014 and was taken up by over 20,000 houses across England and Wales. Through the second release of funding, homeowners are able to access:
- Up to £4000 towards installing solid wall insulation (this part of the funding is no longer available due to high demand)
- Up to £1000 towards installing approved measures
- Up to £100 refund on the cost of a Green Deal Assessment
- Up to £500 if applying within 12 months of purchasing a new property
To gain access to funding, homeowners will require the following:
- A Green Deal Advice Report or Energy Performance Certificate, produced within the last two years
- A quote from a registered Green Deal Installer or Provider
- Proof of property ownership. This is only required for landlords.
greendealshop.com is the ‘One Stop Shop’ for all of your Green Deal needs. We are able to process Assessments, GDHIF funding and installation through our network of accredited Advisors and Installers.
To find out more about funding and check your eligibility, contact us today on 01492 588282 or email us at email@example.com.